Re: GDP: rearrange manual

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: GDP: rearrange manual
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:05:47 +0200

2007/9/10, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> Err.. we're talking about Changing defaults, a chapter which hasn't been
> significantly changed in the past three years, and which you've
> _already_ complained as being a pile of garbage... and using this as an
> argument for changing the way the rest of the manual is displayed?  :)

I guess garbage can be fun though :)
This whole chapter has to be rewritten indeed. But in this case, I
just wanted to emphasize the positive (pedagogical) aspects of a
linear documentation. Maybe such tricks are more convenient in LM than
NR anyway.

> I disagree; I think the short loading time for pages is important.

Oh yes. Good point.
Like Rune, I'm always using the big-page manual; but that's because I
have a DSL connection, and Firefox makes searching very easy...

Valentin