Re: regression tests

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: regression tests
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 21:03:04 +0200

Kieren MacMillan skrev:

development of lilypond will run faster than any effort to try
and keep up with such extended documentation of properties.

Possibly... but an *automated* page -- containing a listing exactly as Trevor outlined BUT WITH ONLY THE DEFAULT SETTING/VALUE -- would keep up *precisely* with development, since it would be scripted into the main compilation process.

Yep listing default values is easy - I agree - this was not what I was commenting. I was commenting the possibility of listing all POSSIBLE values. I don't understand what you mean - we already list the default values today:

Though, default values are expanded before they are listed.
If some property is set to ,begin-of-line-invisible it will show in the docs as #(#t #f #f) - not as ,begin-of-line-invisible - which makes the whole thing fairly unusable. So we have to do "something" with the scheme representation in order to make it more feasible for the docs.