Re: Git strategy for GDP

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Git strategy for GDP
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:50:25 -0700

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Quoting Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

There are no doc fixes going into master, and I plan on keeping it that way until 2.12 is out.

That's important news for people like me, who occasionally keep
fixing small things in the documentation. Should I instead do that
in your gdp branch?

Umm, good question.  I'm not totally certain about the answer.

The big problem is that the *notation chapters are completely split up into separate files, so no patch to those chapters can be automatically applied to the GDP docs. My initial "plan" was simply to apply any patch manually to GDP.

Yes, please patch GDP directly. If there's something totally urgent that needs to go into the 2.12 docs, we can manually backport it.