Re: Copyright, new branches etc

From: Ralph Little
Subject: Re: Copyright, new branches etc
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 21:41:55 -0700

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
No need to get permission; if you have a git server running somewhere,
you can put it there. Otherwise, please register at savannah.gnu.org,
and ask to be added to the lilypond project.

When you've successfully pulled over ssh, you can create a new branch by doing

  git push master:dev/rlittle
Hi Han-Wen,
I'm new to this git thing. I just wondered if you could check that I have done the right thing.

I cloned master to my local PC.
Then branched locally with git checkout to create a local new branch: dev/rlittle I have applied some initial stable changes to the new branch, then pushed them to savannah.

There's not a great deal in the version that I have pushed but it seemed a good place to start.

Regards,
Ralph