Re: GPD: official shortest note in lilypond

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GPD: official shortest note in lilypond
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 21:45:51 -0700

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
bug.ly:5:53: warning: flag `u7' not found

message for *unbeamed* notes.  Is this a bug, or do we only
officially support durations of 64?
*Un*beamed 128ths have produced that error for at least the last two
years ... (though I don't know the official answer to the question
of what we support).

Basically, it's very easy to add a u7 flag.  However: Have you ever
seen this in reality?

Hey, I'm not going to argue that we _should_ support 128. If somebody official (ie Han-Wen, Jan, or Joe) says "we only guarantee up to 64", then we'll happily update the docs to only discuss such durations. If users discover an undocumented feature of 128 or 256 notes which may or may not work in all cases, that's up to them.