Re: Deeply nested staff groups

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Deeply nested staff groups
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 22:24:13 +0100

Reinhold Kainhofer skrev:
Hi,
I understand that for nested StaffGroups, one needs to use InnerStaffGroup for the inner groups, however, this seems to add only one more possible level to the hierarchy. Attached is an example where the innermost InnerStaffGroup is not shown in the correct hierarchy, but rather after the enclosing InnerStaffGroup. What am I doing wrong?

You cannot stuff contexts into contexts of the same types because this would lead to some cyclic dependencies. To get three layers of staff groups you need to add a new Context, InnerInnerStaffGroup:

\layout {
  \context {
    \InnerStaffGroup
    \name InnerInnerStaffGroup
  }
  \context {
    \InnerStaffGroup
    \accepts InnerInnerStaffGroup
  }
}

After that, you can use InnerInnerStaffGroup instead of the innermost innerstaffgroup.

-Rune