Re: Questions about articulation settings for the GDP

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Questions about articulation settings for the GDP
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 04:21:52 -0700

Eyolf Østrem wrote:
On 31.10.2007 (00:14), Graham Percival wrote:
Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Actually, the answer is different for different articulations. Some, like \fermata
are always placed above the stave, whereas others like \accent are placed
opposite to the stem. All this is specified in the file scm/script.scm.

Eyolf, could you include info about this in your next update of Expressive?

Yes. Perhaps this should be a general sub(sub)section, since it
applies to many different kinds of signs? As it is now,  there are
more or less identical remarks about the "_" and "^" constructs in
"dynamics", "articulations", "Ties", "Slurs", and "Phrasing Slurs".
That's not necessarily a problem, but it might be an idea to gather
the info together and then refer very briefly to it at the relevant
places.

Of course; I'm an idiot. This is the whole point of the new LM chapter 3 Fundamental concepts. I've added this.

Include a reference to @file{} in the @seealso section, but don't bother with the rest... actually, stick a @c todo: add link to LM directions. That way, once I have the section named and whatnot, it's easy to remember to add the proper link.