Re: Texinfo 4.11 required [Re: Autotester: FAIL make -f lilypond.make LI

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Texinfo 4.11 required [Re: Autotester: FAIL make -f lilypond.make LILYPOND_BRANCH=master doc-build]
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 10:29:52 -0800

Rune Zedeler wrote:
Graham Percival skrev:
Actually, now that I think about it, I had to install something like libncurses on Ubuntu... but it looked like a standard development library, so I didn't twice about it.

That did it - thanks!
How did you figure out that you had to install that?
Here, configere didn't complain.

My other big project (Marsyas) doesn't check to see if the alsa headers are installed. In the past few months, I've been changing linux distros quite often (trying to find the "most hardware support for macbook out of the box" distro), so I recognized the kind of error messages that gcc spits out when it failed to find a header. (because nothing installed the headers by default, and I always forgot to install them before trying to compile Marsyas)

From there... I can't remember exactly. I think I saw a bunch of terminal-related messages, and then I remembered that whenever I used to do "make menuconfig", I had to install libncurses5. So I tried it out, and it worked.

We should probably file a bug report with texinfo about this.