Re: GDP: spaces around \override Context . PropertyName

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: GDP: spaces around \override Context . PropertyName
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 00:25:04 +0100

2007/12/2, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> I admit that I hadn't thought of the "not noticing the dot" problem.

If I may add my 2 cents here... I think we really do need to define
the no-space syntax as the "official" syntax, the lyricmode being just
an exception (exceptions happen; users can understand that can't
they?)

As a newbie, I fully understood the thing when I read the Lyrics
chapter. I had to compare twice the example with spaces and the
example without, but if well axplained, I'm confident that users will
get it.

The point is: we are all used to the "foo.bar" syntax, in filenames etc.
The "foo . bar" syntax looks much more exotic, much more
programmer-oriented (don't know if it's Lisp or whatever, but it's a
common syntax in some programming language isnt'it?)

Therefore I totally agree with Mats on this one.

P.S. isn't there really any possibility to make the foo.Bar syntax
work in lyricmode? that would solve the problem for good, wouldn't it?
But I guess there isn't...

Valentin