Re: Does anybody use x11-color ?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Does anybody use x11-color ?
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 22:59:46 -0800

till wrote:

Graham Percival-2 wrote:
#'color
#(x11-color ...)

It's probably true, I also used only #'color sometimes. But just when
mentioning those fascinating descriptive names:

Are you referring to x11-color, or normal colors? If it's x11, I really don't think it's worth keeping them in the docs at all. If you're curious though, search the mailist archives. Trevor Baca made a .ly file that demonstrates them all; I think this was approximately two years ago.

would it be useful to
include a colour sample next to the colour name to help the user chose the
right colour? This could just be included from within texinfo (could it?) if
there is something like @colorbox available. I just deduced from Latex...

Of course this is possible! Please add a snippet to LSR... although I'd recommend only doing this for color, not x11-color.