Re: markup on spacing reduces spacing?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: markup on spacing reduces spacing?
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:47:51 -0200

2007/12/6, Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>:

> To me it looks very much like a bug. After all, all notes should be equally
> spaced, but that spacing is lost where the skip has a markup attached. There
> is no reason why a markup text below/above should actually have any influence
> on the note spacings (or at least the spacing should not *de*crease, maybe
> increase).

In the absence of notes/rests, lilypond tries to make guesses as to
how large a given column is, by using the column extents as a
fallback.  If you then put very large texts into these columns, the
result will be strangely spaced.

If you "all notes equally spaced", even when there is no note, put in
an invisible note.

(resolution: notabug)