Re: translation of de.po

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: translation of de.po
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 16:19:08 +0100

Le lundi 03 décembre 2007 à 21:45 +0200, Till Rettig a écrit :
> Hi John,
> here comes the translation of the de.po for the documentation. Its not
> yet complete but it wouldn't anyways, because there are these entries
> marked with "ToDo".
> There is an issue: In the German docs (and also in the other languages,
> I guess), some headings are only in English anymore, since the according
> translation string has been commented out. As an example take the
> heading Cautionary accidentals.
> I understand, that these chapters/strings are not existent anymore in
> the English docs, but coudn't we keep them for some more time in the
> translations until the new versions will be ready?

This is an option.  I didn't want to do it, as I thought it'd be better
to anticipate the changes by translating new titles (not the actual
contents), but some titles don't match previous sections and may change
several times, so I understand you prefer to wait before each section in
English is finished.

I've committed a dirty change to make outdated titles appear in the POs.
I hope this is temporary (I expect to change it back when GDP is done).
I've also run po-update in Documentation.  With this new hack, you
shouldn't translate all entries, translate only entries in English you
need.  Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
John