point and click, pdf size

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: point and click, pdf size
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:05:09 +0100

to add to the discussion about PDF size:

Maybe it's a good idea to turn point and click off by default. It is of most
use while editing, but published PDF's are four to six times larger than
without. My recent Bach-chorals[1] are 1548877 byte with, and 253525 bytes
without point and click.

Editing environments could be configured to call lilypond
with -dpoint-and-click. (A special 'Publish' button could then export a PDF
without the point and click urls.)

Quite now and then I encounter large lilypond files on the web with all the
embedded textedit:// urls; people apparently don't know about the possibility
to turn it off (while it IS in the docs :-)

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

[1] http://www.wilbertberendsen.nl/node/408

--