Re: building sections of the docs

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: building sections of the docs
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 20:50:29 -0800

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 21:11:25 -0700
Paul Scott <address@hidden> wrote:

> Application Usage and have found 1.2.4.  :)
> What does the following mean?
> You may build the manual ( Documentation/user/ ) without building all
> the input/* stuff.
> I have now followed the previous steps on that page and don't
> understand this one.

If you do "make web" in the top source dir, it will build all the
web-related stuff.  All the examples in the
directory (and subdirs) takes as long to compile as the stuff in
and for most doc work, they're not necessary.  So if you only want
the manual, do
  make web
in the Documentation/user/ directory to avoid building unnecessary

(later on you might decide that you want the input/ stuff, but I
recommend avoiding them for now)