Re: once macro

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: once macro
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 22:23:32 +0100

Quoting Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

I could have sworn that

{
 c'4
 \once \stemDown
 c'4
}

worked, but it clearly doesn't.
1)  Does anybody else remember if this worked in the past?  (ie am
I going crazy?)
I've never tried it, but would be very surprised if it has
ever worked.

2)  Would it be possible to enable it?  I don't see any pressing
need for this, except that it would make the docs a little bit
easier to write.  (although since I'm not personally writing this
stuff, I suppose it doesn't really matter to me.  :)

What would the following do?
mymacro = {\override Foo #'fie = #fum \override One #'two = #three }
{ c4 \once \mymacro c4 }
Not to mention
mymacro = {c d e \stemUp }
{ c \once \mymacro }
If we allowed for the syntax, we would have to figure out something
sensible to do in all these situations.

   /Mats