Re: Two more tipoes :)

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Two more tipoes :)
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 03:10:16 +0100

Am Samstag, 29. März 2008 schrieb Francisco Vila:
> The second one is a repeated paragraph which first line is
> "Objects do not all have all of these properties in general", also in
> tweaks.itely
>
> This new manual is great! And most useful.

This gave me an idea:
I've now checked all .itely files in the user manual using ispell with the
american dictionary. Patch is attached, but please double-check all changes
before applying.
Several typos found, also lots of inconsistent British vs. American spelling
(in particular -ise/-ize and -or/-our)

Some notes:
-) Grammatically, the plural of ambitus is also ambitus, so I rephrased the
sentence with "ambiti" (which would be the wrong declination)
-) Is the plural of "volta" really "volte" or rather "voltae" (repeats.itely)
-) Shouldn't we write UNIX consistently in capitals? Similarly, MacOS/MacOs is
spelt inconsistently...

Cheers,
Reinhold