Re: [patch] fixes lilypond-book on OSX with python 2.4.4

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: [patch] fixes lilypond-book on OSX with python 2.4.4
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 05:06:24 -0700

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:00:18 -0300
"Han-Wen Nienhuys" <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is wrong .  Are you sure you are running 2.4 ?
> set (lowercase) is a builtin type.

Sorry, I just figured this out.

I have python 2.4.4 installed in /opt/somewhere, and it comes first
in my PATH.  However, the top of lilypond-book uses
#!/usr/bin/python
instead of
#!/usr/bin/env python

so it catches the default OSX python of 2.3.5.  I don't know what
python OSX 10.5 comes with, but in 10.4 it's still 2.3.5.

If we officially support lilypond-book on 10.4, then I think
something like my patch is needed.  Alternatively, we could ask
people to install a newer version of python -- but in that case,
we should use /usr/bin/env

Personally, I think we should use
#!/usr/bin/env python
anyway.  I already added that to buildscripts/makelsr.ly  because
otherwise I couldn't run it.