lilypond-devel

Re: Problem lilypond-book and fragments with quote and line-width

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Problem lilypond-book and fragments with quote and line-width
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 07:05:49 -0700

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 23:17:08 +0100
Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > Apparently, only internal links are correctly expanded (the
> > > "Saving typing" points to a section of the same file and is
> > > written as @ref {..}, while the File structure points to the NR
> > > ans is written as @ruser{File structure}). All external
> > > references show up with "(undefined)".
> >
> > Ok.  Is this unavoidable?  If so, that's fine; I just haven't
> > looked into it.
>
> Neither have I. the main problem I see with PDFs is that the linked
> PDF needs to exist to be able to retrieve the correct page number. No
> idea how texi2pdf handles this case (if it does at all!)..

In theory it should be possible -- I mean, when LaTeX compiles a
document, you need to run it multiple times to get all the page
number references correct.  This is just an extention of that
idea... run latex once on each file (to get the basic layout
correct), then run it again (perhaps multiple times) to get the
exact numbers.

Whether texi2pdf can handle this, or whether the maintainers feel
like adding this feature if it doesn't, it a completely other
question, of course.  :)

Cheers,