Re: run lilypond-book on internals

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: run lilypond-book on internals
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 22:39:35 -0300

2008/4/7, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> Could we get *all* the internals treated with lilypond-book ?
>  Currently the docs generated from define-markup-commands.scm are
>  processed with lilypond-book, but the docs generated from other
>  files (like define-grob-properties.scm) go directly to .texi.
>
>  It would be nice to add lilypond examples for properties, and we
>  seem to have sufficient interest to begin this task.

I am not sure what the right technology would be. The quoting would
get very hairy, because most of the internals are generated from .scm
or .cc files.

I think we should look into a way of having a directory

  Documentation/internal/grob-properties/PROPERTY-NAME.tely

make it so that the internals documentation automatically uses that
snippet for documenting said property.  That would also provide a way
to do documentations.