Re: run lilypond-book on internals

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: run lilypond-book on internals
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 09:15:54 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
2008/4/7, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
Could we get *all* the internals treated with lilypond-book ?
 Currently the docs generated from define-markup-commands.scm are
 processed with lilypond-book, but the docs generated from other
 files (like define-grob-properties.scm) go directly to .texi.

 It would be nice to add lilypond examples for properties, and we
 seem to have sufficient interest to begin this task.

I am not sure what the right technology would be. The quoting would
get very hairy, because most of the internals are generated from .scm
or .cc files.

I think we should look into a way of having a directory

  Documentation/internal/grob-properties/PROPERTY-NAME.tely
One problem that's not solved using this strategy is that property names like "style" are
used for different purposes on different grobs.

   /Mats
make it so that the internals documentation automatically uses that
snippet for documenting said property.  That would also provide a way
to do documentations.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        School of Electrical Engineering