Re: texi2html build system

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: texi2html build system
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 10:51:27 +0200

On 2008/04/07, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Ah, thanks, I didn't even notice that! The problem was that texi2html added a
> space between <h2> and the section title, i.e.  "<h1> Chapter blah </h1>",
> while , while makeinfo didn't use a space "<h1>Chapter blah</h1>". I updated
> the regexp in html-gettext.py that extracts the section titles accordingly to
> allow spaces right after <h\d> and before </h\1>... Docs are rebuilding on
> kainhofer.com

Thanks for this fix!  Is @translationof handling ready so I can convert
translated docs?  Using @translationof is obviously more sensible and
comfortable for translators, but your comments in other emails show that
it's quite complicated to make it work.

I just pushed some nitpicks on make/doclang*.make, and a (dirty) fix for
keeping <body> attributes in texi2html-generated pages.

There are generally a lot of dangling xrefs in German and French docs,
this is mainly my fault as I moved sections in all languages to match
new GDP sectioning without checking xrefs.  I'll fix this as soon as
possible (probably next week-end).

Cheers,
John