Re: run lilypond-book on internals

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: run lilypond-book on internals
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 20:46:54 +0200

Quoting Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
 Also, this
should not really occur: usually the 'style property is used for the
same purpose (switching the style of the grob), but it's just the set
of supported values changes from grob to grob.

This really attracts my interest: is this true for everything?  Or
alternatively, *could* this be true for all properties?

I think you have confused yourself here (or rather, I don't follow
you at all below). Not all grobs have a style property and the style property does not influence any other property value.

  /Mats

ie if a property contains a #'style property, the only function of
#'style is to assign values to other properties.

Ideally, this would work the other way as well: the *only*
property which sets other properties is #'style.  Or possibly
#'style-foo, #'style-bar, etc.

This would simply the explanation of how properties work.  In the
internals, we could discuss #'style at the top of each grob, then
have the list of properties (and their docs from
Documentation/internals/ ) below it.