Re: lsr snippet compile problem

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lsr snippet compile problem
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 04:45:35 -0700

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:47:38 +0200
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> wrote:

>     %% Do not edit this file; it is auto-generated from LSR
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it %% This file is in the public domain.
>
> Such a comment is better than nothing, but it's quite unhelpful as it
> does not say which file/url should be edited instead, and what command
> has been used to generate the file.

See the README in the same directory?

The LSR snippet name is (almost) the same as the
file-name-but-without-spaces.  Some additional characters in the
snippet title are also translated into "-", but that doesn't
affect searching for those words in LSR.

This specific case is odd, though: the lilypond export of LSR is
supposed to escape all " automatically.  I don't know how this
failed on a single snippet -- nor how John (presumably) managed to
compile the snippets before committing them.

The system overall works quite well; we've been upating it from
LSR for months now.  We're in the middle of changing a few things
at once, so it's not surprising that there's a few glitches.