Re: snippet authorship

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: snippet authorship
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 10:39:42 +0200

2008/4/24 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

>  > Yes, but that way the author's name won't be displayed at all (even
>  > the comment will be stripped out).
>
>  Umm, yes.  That is exactly the point.

In this case, why on earth would you like the authors to sign their
snippets *at all*?

>  We have a THANKS file for a reason -- adding attributions to every
>  single contribution is unweildly.

If this is a matter of THANKS, then we should just use the LSR user
accounts to have a list of contributors.

>  > I don't have any solution, but it's a pity that we always have to
>  > print either the *whole* code verbatim or no code at all.
>
>  Not a pity at all.  We /want/ to show the whole file.

I get your point, but aren't there some examples in the documentation
where we have to add not-directly-relevant commands to make the
examples clearer? e;g. adding some breaks, some alignment rules or
whatever?

Cheers,
Valentin