Re: GDP: Broken links

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: Broken links
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 15:00:52 -0700

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:34:15 +0100
"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:

> A check of the html links which cross-reference between AU, LM and NR
> showed around a dozen links that were incorrect.  Some of these were
> broken (gave 404s), but at least one linked into an obsolete page
> which actually displayed correctly in the docs on kainhofer.com!  I
> don't understand why the docs compiled without error in this state,
> but I've now pushed corrections for all these to origin/master -
> commit cfe31ae826d43d249e460670baa41fcdb85131a4 dated 24 Apr 08,
> 22:50, if you'd like to see them.

texinfo doesn't/can't check references to other documents, so any
address@hidden reference will go unchecked.  texi2html is supposed to
have a link checker which *does* handle these cases.

I wouldn't worry about these things at the moment; checking them
automatically (or having a non-doc writer volunteer chcekc for them) is
a much better use of your time.