Re: Renaming \setTextCresc, \setHairpinCresc, etc.

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Renaming \setTextCresc, \setHairpinCresc, etc.
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 16:25:09 -0700

On Thu, 1 May 2008 23:13:26 +0100
"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote
>
> >> In the meantime, the current behavior of \setTextCresc and the
> >> others
> >> -- that they are only applied once -- should be documented.  Would
> >> this be more appropriate in the main body of NR 1.3.1.2 or in
> >> @knownissues?
> >
> > @knownissues.
>
> Is this a change in policy?  Previously anything in the bug DB was not
> to be mentioned in @knownissues, on the grounds that we would then be
> faced with reproducing the entire bug DB in the NR.

I kind-of skipped over a step -- I was thinking of this as a
"postponed" bug, which is exactly why I created @knownissues in
the first place.  I should have modified the bug report, or waited
for Han-Wen and Jan to work it out.

If I said that we didn't include *anything* from the DB in the NR, I was
mistaken -- "postponed" issues can be mentioned in the @knownissues.
Sorry about that.

Basically, there's no way we should discuss this in the main body
of the NR.  If we insert it anywhere, we (as doc people) should
dump a sentence into @knownissues and then get on with life.

It would be nice if somebody just fixed this thing, especially
since it looks like we already know what to do, but that's not my
department.  My main priority is to keep Patrick working on the
docs and not get hung up on this bug.