Apologies if this is a double posting

From: Mark Hanlon
Subject: Apologies if this is a double posting
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 22:04:03 +0000

Hello,

First off, sorry if this is a double posting, I've tried using the compose a
message using Gmane option but couldn't see it appear in the archives (waited
more than 2 hours).

I'm building lilypond from source using cygwin on windows, I have applied some
patches to the source to allow for multiple staves (to do with the Music
Notation project, formerly MMNA),

everything is going fine except that when i run ./configure it complains that
gcc 4.0 or above is needed (cygwin comes with 3.4).

Here's my question (apologies for any thickery, I'm a total newbie).

Is GCC 4.0 really required, would 3.4. do? If so could someone point me in the
right direction where I would specify this in the config files.

I'm expecting that the answer will be "yes it is required that's why we
specified it in the config files you dumbass":) I'm thinking of switching to
linux to do the builds. Is it trivial or non trivial to do the builds for
different platforms i.e. Linux, Mac and Windows. Any pointers where to start
looking.

Apologies again for any daftness.

Cheers
Mark

Great deals on almost anything at eBay.co.uk. Search, bid, find and win on eBay
today!
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000004ukm/direct/01/