Re: AccidentalSuggestion problem

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: AccidentalSuggestion problem
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 16:18:29 +0100

2008/5/8 Risto Vääräniemi <address@hidden>:

> I played around a bit with your example and found out that LP behaves
> very inconsistently. If I just comment out the \break (and move fis &
> g to the next line) I get different results than when I just delete
> the \break. This isn't the first time when I've noticed that the
> comments and even white spaces affect the results (
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-03/msg00153.html
> ).

Are you testing each variation in isolation, or generating several
systems in one go?

As far as I can tell, there's an interaction between this error and
the number of systems, which makes it appear that comments and white
space have an affect.

Anyway, here's a patch to fix this; AccidentalSuggestion was missing a
default for X-extent. I've also tidied up a few things at the same
time.

Greg, if you need to fix this immediately, you can use the following override:

\override Staff.AccidentalSuggestion #'X-extent =
#ly:accidental-interface::width

Regards,
Neil