Re: Quoted text (was Re: When is "-" required in articulations?)

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Quoted text (was Re: When is "-" required in articulations?)
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 09:44:52 +0200

2008/5/24 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> This looks right to me, and since nobody has come up with any
> better names, let's go with bracketed/quoted/bare.

bracketed might be confusing with [bracketed text]]

I don't speak English, but I assume there's no such thing as "braced text"?

... or we could take advantage of the fact that in Lily everything
that is enclosed in { } is called a _block_; hence my "text blocks"
thing in the docs.

I'd go for "text block", "quoted text" and "bare text".

(besides, a text block can contain quoted text and/or bare text,
whereas the opposite is not true)

Cheers,
Valentin