Re: Git conflicts

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Git conflicts
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 16:04:23 +0200

Valentin Villenave skrev:
I must be the one to blame here (even though I don't know why).

No, surely not.
After all, I was the one who suggested that you tried and merge master into my branch on your local repos. I would probably have made the same mistake at some point if I was working on someone else's branch in my local repos. The right thing to do had probably been to create a new branch in your end to contain the merged version of my branch.

When I merged your branch several weeks ago I didn't encounter any
problem. So I must have screwed up something when you asked me to
revert this merge...

I do not think you did anything  wrong.
My guess is that git lacks the functionality of "registering" a revert as a revert, and therefore kept thinking that my branch was depending on your branch - even after you did the revert og the merge.

-Rune