Re: plz help about lily.......

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: plz help about lily.......
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 20:48:43 +0200

On 2008/06/21 18:44 +0200, Valentin Villenave wrote:
> LilyPond is perfect for foreign countries, but you have to be familiar
> with the concept of software freedom. I invite you to read the
> following page, that is probably translated in your own language
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html#translations
>
> > can i develop lilypond for windows? (as windows programmer)
>
> Lilypond can *run* on Windows; however it can only be *compiled* using
> a Linux or a Mac system.

Are you sure it's not possible to build LilyPond on Windows with MinGW?
AFAIK nobody has ever done it, but it's certainly possible, maybe with
some changes in the build system needed.

Magid, you may want to try building LilyPond with  MingW
http://mingw.org/ ; you probably need to install GCC 4.3 and install or
compile all build dependencies for LilyPond with MinGW.

Cheers,
John