Octavation syntax consistency (was: grand predefined-command thread)

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Octavation syntax consistency (was: grand predefined-command thread)
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 09:58:31 +0200

2008/6/28 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> If there's any command renamings or new commands that you have in
> mind (mostly from doc work), please post it now.  If there isn't
> sufficient opposition in the next few days, I'll add the commands.

This is not really a predef, but for the past couple of weeks I've
been trying to implement an easier syntax for octavations, e.g.

\octava 1
or
\octava #1

instead of

#(set-octavation 1)

Such a command would be much more consistent with the rest of the
(non-Scheme) LilyPond syntax (not to mention much easier to type,
since typing the hash character on a French keyboard requires you to
twist your arm ;-)...

I couldn't come up with a patch, but I thought someone more skilled
than me could write it in a sec...

Cheers,
Valentin