Re: GDP: examples consistency

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: GDP: examples consistency
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 23:22:29 +0100

Graham Percival wrote Tuesday, July 01, 2008 11:10 PM

This has nothing to do with translations -- this is just good
docs!  I'd want these fixes even if we weren't translating
anything.  :)

However, please send patches to me for review.  I changed one
thing in your patch: there's no "emphase" word; the correct term
is "emphasize".  It only takes a few seconds for me to check (and
if necessary, correct) these patches.

I'll not object to this, but to use such a long
word is not very practical in a real situation.

At a quick glance I think one of the changes might
break the example:

\score {
  \new ChoirStaff <<
    \new Staff <<
      \clef "treble"
-      \new Voice = "Sop"  { \voiceOne \global \SopMusic }
+      \new Voice = "Soprano"  { \voiceOne \global \SopranoMusic }
      \new Voice = "Alto" { \voiceTwo \AltoMusic }
      \new Lyrics \lyricsto "Sop" { \VerseOne   }
      \new Lyrics \lyricsto "Sop" { \VerseTwo   }

There may be others which are not so obvious, since
the diff only shows a few lines.  Really, all the examples
will need to be reviewed again after applying the changes
to make sure no errors have crept in.

Trevor