Re: Hello and question about the list

From: Eric Knapp
Subject: Re: Hello and question about the list
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 07:38:35 -0500

Thanks, Valentin.

I am having more musical fun and satisfaction on my Chapman Stick than
any other instrument I've played. Scoring for it is interesting with
it's almost 6 octave range and tapping technique. It also has a large
range of overlapping notes so being able to notate fingerings, fret
position, and string selection is very important. Emmett Chapman and
Greg Howard came up with the StaffTab notation that I'm trying to
bring to lilypond. It really is a wonderful mixture of a piano-like
staff and guitar tab notation. I would be happy to supply links to
samples if anyone is interested. I really want to contribute this work
to both the Stick and Lilypond communities.

-Eric