GDP: only 3 weeks left

From: Graham Percival
Subject: GDP: only 3 weeks left
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 01:54:00 -0700

Hi, GDP contributors!

There's only three weeks left in the Grand Documentation Project
of LilyPond.  On Aug 18, I'm going to stop handling contributors
-- my thesis defense is on Aug 19, and after the defense I only
have three days to complete any necessary changes, or else my
graduation will be delayed by 8 months.  I love you guys dearly,
but I'm not going to take any risks with this.  :)   So Monday, 18
Aug 2008 is a hard deadline for any contributions.

After that day, if you're still really eager to help, it might be
possible to arrange something with somebody else.  No guarantees,
though.  It would be much easier for everybody involved if we got
as much as possible done before then.

I have a few individual notes:

Ralph: we're still waiting for an LSR update, and then I'll make
some final changes and announce the first public draft of Repeats.
This should still be your focus, but do you want to start working
on the indices?  A few months ago you offered to do this.  If
you'd like to download pitches.itely and start adding new @cindex
or any missing @funindex entries, that would be awesome.

Valentin: you're listed in this group because I think your focus
should be bug meistering and lilypond report, and those are
full-time jobs in their own right.  Well... those should be your
focus in general.  For the next two weeks, how about you shift
your focus to finished text.itely?  If the relevant appendix still
isn't finished, let's stop waiting for it and forge on ahead
anyway.

Andrew: I know I asked you this a few days ago, but I've forgotten
already -- are we ready for the second draft?  And do you have any
experience/interest in Winds?  I don't have anybody down for that
section yet.

Libero, Stefan, Kurt, Joseph: I'm ready for more updates.