Re: post-GDP doc team

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: post-GDP doc team
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 17:17:03 +0100

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote Saturday, August 09, 2008 1:11 PM
Am Montag, 28. Juli 2008 schrieb Graham Percival:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 19:56:30 -0600
> Once I push changes to chords.itely, what triggers a new GDP build?

Me logging into kainhofer.com and running:
updatedocs.sh &> doclog.txt

I generally do this once a day.  I don't mind continuing this for
the next three weeks.  After that... well, it's up to you guys and
Reinhold.  Since you can all build the docs on your own,
maintaining an independant GDP server isn't so important.
lilypond.org is updated whenever there's a new unstable release;
approximately every 2-3 weeks.

I can easily do this, although I'd probably simply use a daily cron job and
not manually trigger the rebuild (unless of course there are reasons to do
it).

Setting up a daily cron job seems sensible.  Although
I can compile the docs my method is not the same as the
"official" method, and there are some fomatting
differences, so I still rely on the GDP server to make
my final check.

Cheers,
Reinhld

Trevor