Re: spacing problem

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: spacing problem
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 08:03:48 +0200 (CEST)

> I've just found a wonderful example which demonstrates what I want to
> fix.  Look at the fourth and fifth quarter: It's *really* ugly.
>
> On the other hand I'm not sure whether this is a different spacing
> bug.  Joe?

This is indeed a different bug, caused by my special setup using an
invisible top context (with no vertical dimensions) which holds the
global data.  It must have been introduced after version 2.11.20
(which I used to produce a well looking PDF).

Attached are two files which show the difference.  Again, I'm posting
it here to the list and not to the bug tracker so that either Han-Wen
or Joe can confirm the problem.  Maybe this was an intentional change,
and I just missed to adjust my data accordingly.

I would be really glad to see this fixed since it heavily affects all
my scores.

    Werner
\version "2.11.53"

#(ly:set-option 'point-and-click #f)

\header{
  tagline = ##f
}

\relative c'' {
  <<
    \context Staff = "foo" {
      c2 c4 c |
      c2 c4 c |
      c2 c4 c |
      c2 c4 c |
    }

    \context Staff = "bar" {
      c2 c |
      c2 c |
      c2 c |
      c2 c |
    }

}

\paper {
  paper-height = 8.0\cm
  line-width = 10\cm
  ragged-right = ##f
  indent = 0.0\cm
}

% EOF

\version "2.11.53"

#(ly:set-option 'point-and-click #f)

\header{
  tagline = ##f
}

\relative c'' {
  <<
    \context Top = "top" {
      \override Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(0 . 0)

      s1 |
      s1 |
      s1 |
      s1 |
    }

    \context Staff = "foo" {
      c2 c4 c |
      c2 c4 c |
      c2 c4 c |
      c2 c4 c |
    }

    \context Staff = "bar" {
      c2 c |
      c2 c |
      c2 c |
      c2 c |
    }

}

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \accepts "Top"
  }

  \context {
    \name "Top"
    \alias "Staff"
    \type "Engraver_group"
    \consists "Output_property_engraver"
    \consists "Text_spanner_engraver"
    \consists "Bar_engraver"
    \consists "Font_size_engraver"
    \consists "Skip_event_swallow_translator"
    \consists "Script_engraver"
    \consists "Text_engraver"
    \consists "Axis_group_engraver"

    \override VerticalAxisGroup #'Y-extent = ##f
    \override BarLine #'transparent = ##t
  }
}

\paper {