Re: finished second draft?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: finished second draft?
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 02:25:48 -0700

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 11:03:00 +0200
Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carl D. Sorensen wrote:
> >
> > We could then introduce the << \\ >> syntax as a simple way to
> > handle music where we don't care that temporary voices are created
> > and then discarded.
>
> Seriously, how many of you had a "full understanding" of the explicit
> context creation one year ago?

I still don't have a "full understanding" of explicit context
creation... but then again, I've been ignoring this discussion.
:)

> I would propose to still introduce the <<{...} \\ {...} >> feature
> first, but with some bells
> and whistles saying that you might get problems together with lyrics
> and automatic beaming
> and telling where to look at that time.

In the LM, definitely.  In the NR, these warnings might be more
prominent, and/or Carl's suggestion about delaying << {} \\ {}>>
until later in the chapter might be good -- especially in NR 3.