Re: git uncleaned history

From: till Rettig
Subject: Re: git uncleaned history
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 08:45:10 +0200

Hi,
thanks for this comprehensive list! Many things are now also clearer to me!

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 01:08:53 +0200
> Von: Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>
> An: "Jean-Charles Malahieude" <address@hidden>
> CC: lilypond-devel <address@hidden>
> Betreff: Re: git uncleaned history

> - -) "git checkout filename" -- discards all non-committed changes to the
> file.

I thought that works only if you remove the file before? At least that's how
I did it until now: rm filename and then git checkout filename.

That way I just copy singe files to a master branch where I also do compiling
-- to keep things clean I never compile on the branch that I use for pushing.
Then after the compile is complete I remove the changed files to have a clean
master again. Well, this could also be done with git rebase --hard...

there are so many ways... :-)

Till