Re: How shall we treat AU "1.2 Compiling from source" in translations?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: How shall we treat AU "1.2 Compiling from source" in translations?
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 00:09:02 +0200

Le jeudi 11 septembre 2008 à 00:28 +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer a écrit :
> Am Mittwoch, 10. September 2008 schrieb John Mandereau:
> > On 2008/09/10 14:15 +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> > > I would prefer this to directly inserting english text in the
> translated
> > > documentation.
> >
> > You're right; Till's already made a similar request.
>
> Can we please add a (commented) reference text in English to
> Documentation/user/install.itely so that all translations use roughly
> the
> same wording?

Yes, done.  The problem is, the current processing of HTML links forces
us to manually hardcode Texinfo relative @urefs in postprocess_html.py.

> > > However, what I'm missing is a way to create a link to the
> > > corresponding English section... How can I do this?
> >
> > @iftex
> > see the documentation in English, @ref{Compiling from
> > source,,,lilypond-program,Application Usage}.
> > @end iftex
>
> Won't this create a link to the same section rather than the English one?

Nope, translated manuals are named lilypond-foo.lang (see translated
macros.itexi).

> BTW, the translation-status script also needs to be changed, because it
> doesn't find some nodes in the translated file, thus thinking that the file
> is not completely translated...

Can you spot a specific example, please?  I know translation-status
reports which sections are translated in a very naive way, but I haven't
thought yet on a way to improve this.

Cheers,
John