Re: bad DynamicTextSpanner fix

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: bad DynamicTextSpanner fix
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 11:25:03 +0100

2008/9/14 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

> I suspect that Neil's recent change
>
>  Correct left text alignment of DynamicTextSpanner.
>
> is the cause of the bad alignment of `cresc.' in the attached image
> (using a one day old lilypond)

Oops!

I hadn't noticed that dynamics-text-spanner-abs-dynamic.ly is broken
(it's the kind of thing that doesn't show up in test results).

The problem is that making sure the text is positioned correctly after
an absolute dynamic relies on bound details which are incorrect for
when the spanner's directly attached to notes.
New_dynamic_engraver::process_music () changes the left attach-dir
when it encounters a dynamic script, but changing stencil-offset and
padding would also be required to cater for both eventualities.

I'm not sure what's the best course of action here, so until I can
come up with a solution I'll revert the change.

Regards,
Neil