Re: make web broken in git

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: make web broken in git
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 17:12:17 -0700

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 5:00 PM, Carl D. Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks, John.
>
> I missed those changes.
>
> After running autogen.sh, I ended up with a comment suggesting I install
> texi2html 1.79.  But when I went to get texi2html, the newest version I
> found is 1.78.
>
> I found Patrick's script PKGBUILD at
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/texi2html-cvs/texi2html-cvs/PKGBUILD
>
> but I couldn't make it work.
>
> Can anybody help me get Patrick's script to work?

Hi Carl,

Are you running Arch Linux?  Because this script will only work with
the Arch Linux distribution (using the `makepkg' package).

You can checkout texi2html sources with the following command (all on
one line, of course):

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous:@cvs.savannah.nongnu.org:/sources/texi2html
co -D 20080917 -f texi2html

And then you do the usual configure, make, make install.  AFAIK, Perl
is the only dependency.

HTH,
Patrick