Re: Fw: Vocal music

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Fw: Vocal music
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:10:06 +0100

Valentin,

Let's review the background first.

The basic problem is that pretty much all the material in the sections from the current 2.1.2 to 2.1.5 is really common to all lyrics and vocals, but there is too much of it to cram it all into a single section. So we have to compromise, and one of the effects will be that 2.1.1 Common notation will be very short. No problem with that. It will be fine with just the refs and a sentence saying that much of the material in sections 2.1.2 to 2.1.5 applies to all vocal styles. Then there will be enough material to justify separate sections on style-specific stuff at the end.

More comments below ...

You wrote Monday, October 13, 2008 11:41 AM