Re: Docs should include --define options; ly:set-option explanation

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Docs should include --define options; ly:set-option explanation
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:27:19 -0800 (PST)

Valentin Villenave wrote:
> This was modified in LilyPond 2.11.60; Windows users
> do now have .mid files instead of .mid (while the
> default extension remains .midi for other operating
> systems).

Huh? My version of jEdit/LilyPondTool on Windows won't
play .mid files, only .midi files. And according to the
current version of lily.scm (lines 63-64), Windows
versions are set to .mid, not .midi. Not that it matters
so much to me; I know how to use the command-line and
#ly:set-option.

Now that I think of it, why was the default midi-
extension changed on Windows in the first place?

- Mark