Re: Using \lookup to extract glyphs

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Using \lookup to extract glyphs
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 23:20:46 +0000

I2008/11/25 Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:
> AFAICS the only fonts immediately available to \lookup which are not more
> easily accessible via \musicglyph are the myriad of braces of different
> sizes.  The Internal Reference suggests that font-encoding may be set to
> fetaMusic, fetaNumber, TeX-text, TeX-math, fetaBraces, fetaDynamic, but the
> glyphs in fetaMusic, fetaNumber and fetaDynamic are all available via
> \musicglyph, and the TeX fonts don't seem to be distributed with LilyPond
> and are not available by default on Windows.
>
> Could someone please confirm this is correct.  Werner?

I can't confirm this myself, but I think we should have markup
commands for directly accessing braces; currently there's scant
documentation about them.  I wasn't even sure how many there were,
until I had a look at the source (it turns out there are 576 in nine
sets, from "braces0" - "braces575").

How about \left-brace and (rotated) \right-brace?  This would make it
much simpler to embed them within text that has font-name overrides.

Regards,
Neil