Re: removing tex backend?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: removing tex backend?
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:18:15 +0100

2008/12/1 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:
>> Possibly the string "1996--2007" in copyright () in main.cc could also
>> be changed to "1996--2008" to update the lilypond -v message.
>
> Hmm.  Shouldn't all files be updated w.r.t. the copyright year?

There are tons of occurrences of the string "year--year" for a variety
of years, in all source files. This should only be updated whenever
the file itself gets updated. But the copyright() funcition in main.cc
in fact does print the copyright year of lilypond when invoked with
the -v option, so I think it has to be updated regardless the
copyright year of the main.cc file itself.

>> Werner, is it possible to update the lilypad Spanish resource file
>> after the patch I sent? thank you. I have still not had any feedback
>> on this.
>
> lilypad?  Is it possible that you probably mean someone else?

lilypad is the *first thing ever* one sees in Windows when he/she
doubleclicks the lilypond icon desktop. It is a tiny utf-8 editor that
shows an outdated lily example with wrong directions that confuse new
users.

Something I did in my humble attempt to improve this, was to update
the resource file for Spanish, that comes with the lilypad editor. It
still showed funny strings like "lilypondo" that make new lilypond/win
users (I have many year by year) to get confused.

I'd thank that this were in some degree improved even slightly,
because if I'm not wrong the first-user impression is in the same
stalled status from years.

I could send you or post here the patch again, but having sent it
twice I think it is enough. I write you because I still don't have the
smallest feedback on this issue.

Oh, I know, the more messages you sent, the greater probability for
them to be ignored. :-( Sorry
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org