Re: A naive question about permissions in buildscripts/

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: A naive question about permissions in buildscripts/
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 08:25:34 +0100 (CET)

> > I notice Werner recently changed the permissions on a lot of
> > files, including makelsr.py.  Can somebody explain how I'm
> > supposed to run these files without using chmod to change the
> > permissions back temporarily?

You shouldn't use the versions in `buildscript' at all.  Instead, use
the versions in `buildscript/out' which (a) have all @...@ variables
substituted correctly and (b) have the right permissions.

> Well, you could run
>   python makelsr.py

Is there ever need to do that?

> I'm not sure why he changed the permissions, though.

I did this for orthogonality with the many python scripts in this
directory which already had no executable bit -- additionally, it is a
hint to not execute the scripts directly but use the versions in
`out'.

BTW, isn't it an error that `makelsr.py' starts with

  #!/usr/bin/env python

instead of

  address@hidden@

?  The same is true for