Re: Help page translation

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: Help page translation
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 15:41:26 -0700

On 12/8/08 1:32 PM, "John Mandereau" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Till,
> Le lundi 08 décembre 2008 à 20:38 +0200, Till Rettig a écrit :
>> can I just start translating the new helping web page? Do you need first
>> to adjust the building scripts so the new menu or can I already put the
>> file into the de folder?
>
> You might need to run po-update/po-replace and commit the result (for
> all languages please), and update the German PO.  As for the page
> itself, you may certainly start translating it, but will probably update
> the translation later if the page is not in its final shape.  I wish I
> had have a look at it, but I have way too many delayed LilyPond-related
> issues to deal with first.

I believe the Getting Help web page is in its final form until the GWP early
next year.

The new menu item has been added so it is ready for internationalization,
but there may need to be a translation string added for "Help", and another
for "Getting Help".  I doubt that any changes to the scripts are necessary,
but I haven't looked closely at them.

Carl