Re: INSTALL.txt missing ?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: INSTALL.txt missing ?
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 23:22:34 +0100

Hi strk,
Le mercredi 10 décembre 2008 à 22:36 +0100, strk a écrit :
> Hi, I just git-pulled lily to take a look, but got side-tracked
> by configure problems:
>
>  $ ./configure
>  ERROR: Please install required programs:  mpost
>  See INSTALL.txt for more information on how to build LilyPond
>
> but there's no INSTALL.txt ?

It's built from Documentation/user/install.itely and included in the
distributed tarball.  If you're not comfortable with reading the source
in Texinfo, just look at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/Requirements

> Since I'm at it... what I wanted to look INSTALL.txt for was
> tips on where to find the required 'mpost'.

You have to install a TeX system, e.g. TeXlive.

Good luck with installing all dependencies
John