Re: GOP pre-planning: Frog bugfixing

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GOP pre-planning: Frog bugfixing
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 06:25:16 -0800

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 01:09:53PM +0100, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> My impression is that we have more people doing bug fixes now
> than a  couple of years ago (at that time it was primarily
> Han-Wen and Jan), but that the  number of fixed bugs per week
> and bug fixer is lower.

Oh, definitely -- but I think the project is much healthier now.
Back then, if Han-Wen or Jan were hit by a bus or took a
commercial job (the two leading causes of death for open-source
developers :), development would stall almost entirely, and the
next generation would have a much harder time getting started.
Now we have half a dozen people with a decent understanding of
lilypond's internal architecture, so if anything happened to one
of them, it wouldn't derail things as much.